We continue to serve our guests, as we always have, with honesty and sincerity.
Away from this restless world,
Nakashimaya is a place to feel at home and close to your heart every time you come.
We genuinely hope that when you reflect upon your time in Gujo, you will say,
"That really was a great town."
Our whole staff is looking forward to seeing you.
Kiri-no-Ma ~ Authentic Japanese style 8 tatami-mat (13.2 m2) room ( For 2 ~ 4 guests)
with a tokonoma (alcove for art or flowers), veranda, sink, and a garden view
Ayame-no-Ma ~ Classic authentic Japanese style 8 tatami-mat (13.2 m2) room ( For 2 ~ 4 guests)
with a tokonoma (alcove for art or flowers), veranda, and a sink
Momiji-no-Ma ~ Classic authentic Japanese style 6 tatami-mat (9.9 m2) room ( For 1 ~ 2 guests)
with a tokonoma, veranda, sink, and a garden view
Choose from these these two types to suit your mood.
We had a skilled local craftsman make this bathtub, using local wood, a popular material for traditional Japanese baths.
* Depending of the number of your party, we will arrange a private room for breakfast.
Getting around town
- KIYOTAKEEnjoy a night of Gujo's chaos with owner Ettsu-chan's homemade dishes and a chat with her.
- WAKABAExquisite barbecue with a special secret sauce. Kei-chan chicken is also great as a souvenir.
- DAIHACHISeasonal food from the rivers and the mountains. Ayu fish in summer, and wild boar in winter!
- IZUMISAKAChoose anything from Hida beef on a hotplate to grilled Gujo leeks!
- Restauro SympaHand-picked wine served with casual Italian.
- AMANOYAIzakaya bar with various spirits and homemade tofu. Don't forget handmade udon noodles too.
- GENRINGreat food and drinks at reasonal prices. Come mingle with local crowd.
- HIDEICHIGreat seafood found here!
- IZUMIYAGo for some great soba, or order Chinese noodles like a local!
- SOBASHO-MATSUIHand made great soba from HIDA SHOKAWA
- HIRAJINLooking down the Yoshida River with soba
- KATAGIRIEat this crispy yakisoba, and become a Gujo local!
- ITOCAFEOld machiya house cafe where the young and old gather. Open late at night on Fri · Sat.
- eBaNATAwHome roasted Otohime blend is popular. Late night cafe on Thursdays.
- TIROLold japanese style cafe with home roasted blend.
- SHIMIZU COFFEEA Retro cafe with Beautiful garden.
- UOTORAFamous for its superb charcoal-grilled eel.Special price Hitsumabushi on the 7th, 17th, and 27th of the month.
- KOBOKOBOBeer brewery in the machiya basement! Takeout available.
- SUZUME no IORIExcellent Italian made with local foodstuffs. Old Japanese mansion atmosphere.
We will gladly make dinner reservations for you.
Please ask us about local restaurants for their hours and accommodations.
We are happy to help you find the best match for your needs and preference.
Nakashimaya’s rental cycle
SPEC: 20 inc/10.5 kg/ 8-gear change / Red and olive, one each First come, first served.